Tuesday, February 21, 2017

SPRING HAS (ALMOST) SPRUNG!

In my first year of teaching, a colleague's favorite spring poem was, "Spring has sprung, grass has ris, wonder where the birdies is?" The poor grammar grated on me, but this little ditty was amusing.  I think of it every year when our Florida temperatures start reaching the 80s and, as tutors, we know that the end of school  isn't far behind.

Our students and their parents start thinking about grades, End-of-Course exams, FSA exams, next year's courses, graduation....  As tutors, we're concerned, too.  We know the phone will be ringing off the hook...people will sound desperate ("My daughter is struggling with writing..."  "My son is failing his math class...")  If we wait 'til our students have dug themselves into a hole, it becomes doubly hard to help them climb out and finish the year with a passing grade.

We're into the third quarter of the school year.  If your student is having a hard time, call us.  We can schedule one-on-one customized tutoring or arrange small-group tutoring in Math and English.  We offer packages and discounts.  Our website is full of information about us and our services.

                                               TOP FLIGHT TUTOR -- 407-590-4054

2 comments:

  1. I am very pleased to no longer have any responsibilities of helping my children or grandchildren through school. But for those who are still in that position you couldn't find better teachers to help your own children than Walter and Laura. I've known them for years and Laura is my go-to person whenever I have to write something and she is passionate about education and the English language. As for Walter - well, I'm not a math person at all but one night my 12 year old was dramatically struggling with a math assignment and from 1500 miles away I called Walter and in a matter of moments he calmed her down and got her to understand the assignment - it was remarkable to observe. What was notable was that in some way he got through to her and she never had another melt-down over the mystery of math.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much for your kind words and the great recommendation. I may be a little biased, but I have to agree with you -- Walter is a wonderful Math teacher/tutor. He finds tutoring so satisfying and enjoyable, he nearly always comes home afterward with a huge smile on his face!

    ReplyDelete